During the week of May 12-18, 2013, The Living Legacy Foundation is proud to recognize our hospital partners who support us in our life-saving mission. Hospitals play an important role in our mission to celebrate the lives of donors, support families and educate the public on organ, eye and tissue donation while raising awareness for the more than 2,300 Marylanders who are in need of a life-saving organ transplant. Throughout the year, area hospitals support our efforts to raise awareness by participating in different outreach activities. During the month of April, National Donate Life Month, area hospitals hosted information tables and some participated in the Hospital Donor Registry Challenge, which provided opportunities for hospital employees as well as visitors to designate themselves as organ, eye and tissue donors.
In addition to National Donate Life Month activities, many of our hospital partners participated in the Flags Across America Campaign by flying the highly recognizable Donate Life logo flag to show support for organ, eye and tissue donation. Along with flying the flag during the month of April, many hospitals raise the flag for someone who has made the selfless decision to save lives. The flag helps celebrate the generosity of donors, their families and raises awareness about the urgent need for life-saving organs and tissues.
Here are a list of hospitals in Maryland who have raised the Donate Life flag:
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Atlantic General Hospital
- Calvert Memorial Hospital
- Carroll Hospital Center
- Dorchester General Hospital
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
- Harford Memorial Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- MedStar Franklin Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital at Easton
- Meritus Medical Center
- Northwest Hospital
- Peninsula Regional Medical Center
- Sinai Hospital
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
- Upper Chesapeake Medical Center
The Living Legacy Foundation would like thank our area hospitals for participating in activities focusing on raising awareness for organ, eye and tissue donation.
If the hospital you work for would like to get involved, contact your hospital services coordinator or e-mail email@example.com.
For more information on The Living Legacy Foundation, visit http://www.thellf.org/